Blog Wise Overview
The latest eBook by Darren Rowse, of ProBlogger was released just yesterday - Blog Wise, How to do more with less. I was fortunate to receive a couple email notifications about the release of this book from bloggers that I follow – including Darren. In fact, I get a lot of email offers from a number of “Internet Experts”. Some experts are more “expert” than others. Some much more so, if you know what I mean. Darren Rowse definitely falls into the latter category. Anyway, I didn’t hesitate too long before I plopped down my $15 and got a copy of Blog Wise!
After following Darren Rowse & ProBlooger for just a short time you’ll begin to notice that there aren’t any “punches thrown” on his website … No empty promises of instant fame & glory via blogging. You’ll just get Darren, telling it like it is. Blog Wise is no different. From the start, even in the Introduction, Darren tells it like it is.
“I can tell you right now: there’s no secret formula to blogging productivity! Each of us has our own personal style and approach to work.”
Boy, is that ever the truth!
Blog Wise is an eBook that features nine of the most prolific, well-known, and well-respected bloggers out there. Each chapter features these bloggers telling us what they do to be so successful and how they do it. They even go so far as to tell us, for each of the bloggers things like:
- Secret Weapons (Tools that they use on a daily basis)
- Productivity tips (At least two from each blogger (only one gave just two))
- Key Points (Specific things to make you more productive)
After the individual blogger profiles there are two more sections. The first is nine individual steps to “Radically improve your productivity” and the last is a section is “Further Reading” list, which has two resources I had never heard of before. There’s also links to some great articles. I haven’t read through each of these yet but the key-word is “yet”.
What I Got Out of this eBook
Throughout my life, when it’s come to learning something new, the thing that’s been most effective is when I can learn from more than one source. I do okay as a “book learner” (by reading) and I do pretty well learning by doing. Whenever I’ve combined those two for the same topic, I’ve always managed to have much better understanding of whatever the subject was. In the case of Blog Wise, we get to view the same subjects: Blogging & Productivity, from not two – but nine different angles. That’s strong! I’d be willing to bet that hearing about a subject with nine different perspectives would be a huge benefit to you too. That’s the primary reason for Blog Wise Review.
Also, the specific tips that these people give in Blog Wise are fantastic. They really hit home for me because I think so much that’s written on the internet is … let’s just say it’s sometimes “not too clear”. That’s not the case here. These tips are specific and actionable.
In regards to buying this eBook, let me say this: Blog Wise is probably not for everyone. Really! If you run a small, strictly “hobby style” blog and have no intention of taking it any further than that, then I’d tell you to save your money. If, however, you have even a slight inkling of turning your blog into something more than a hobby, then I’d really suggest getting this book. I’d also suggest getting Blog Wise soon because, as I understand it, Blog Wise is being released for a short time at a 25% discount – which makes the price $14.99. That’s the amount that I paid. Also, being an eBook, you get immediate access to Blog Wise.
One More Thing
I’m sure that I’ll mention this more than once – because it’s important, but, by-the-way, Blog Wise comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
About ProBlogger & Darren Rowse
As I mentioned, Darren Rowse is the founder of ProBlogger – as well as other blogs. That’s him on the left. He’s been blogging since 2002, which is very early days for blogging. That first blog was a personal blog and it’s still up on the internet. In 2004 Darren started ProBlogger and through that he became one of the first public 6-figure bloggers. He also runs a couple other successful blogs. One is a photography blog, the other gives tips on Twitter. Darren is also the author of ProBlogger – Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income. By now, Darren knows what he’s talking about!
Other Featured Authors
Darren Rowse is only the first blogger featured in Blog Wise. Here’s the complete list.
- Darren Rowse – Professional Blogger. He runs ProBlogger, Photography School, and TwiTip
- Amy Porterfield – Social Media Strategist. She runs amyporterfield.com and has many more credits to her name.
- Brian Clark – Founder of Copyblogger Media. Brian runs several very successful online businesses and is one of the most-quoted and followed bloggers on the internet.
- Abby Larson – Founder of StyleMePretty.com. She has over 500,000 readers in her network of twelve sites.
- Matt Kepnes – Founder of Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site. nomadicmatt.com is a very popular travel blog.
- Heather Armstrong – Founder of dooce.com – one of the longest running blogs on the net. Started in 2001! She’s also an author and runs an active online community of over 40,000 people.
- Jeff Goins – Writer & Founder of goinswriter.com. Ok, get this. goinswriter.com was named a Top-10 blog for – “Writers” in 2011! Blogging = writing. Now that’s saying something!
- Gretchen Rubin – Runs Happiness-project.com. Gretchen has authored four books, including an international bestseller: The Happiness Project
- Leo Babauta – Blogger at zenhabits.net since 2007. Leo has over 230,000 readers to his blog.
A Huge Bonus is Included
When I hit the “buy” button, I didn’t even realize that a bonus was included, but it is! The bonus eBook includes twenty-one specific problems or obstacles that most bloggers run into, at one time or another, in their career. Here’s a few examples of what’s covered.
- How to get motivated, TODAY!
- How to stop “forgetting” your ideas and what to do about it!
- How to write more blog posts each week!
- Where to find more inspiration for your blog!
And, as I also mentioned, make sure not to skip over the “Other Reading” section of Blog Wise. It’s got some great resources.
A couple more things
Don’t forget, Blog Wise comes with a complete 60-day money back guarantee. I’m quite sure that you’ll value the great information given in the eBook. But, if not, you’re money is secure with this generous guarantee.
Also, I’d love to hear your thoughts. Was this review helpful? I’ve left comments open. Feel free to give me some feedback.
Other ProBlogger Publications
You might also enjoy some of these other publications by ProBlogger